We all know the physical difference, the behaviour difference, attitude difference, likes and dislikes difference between girls and boys, but do you know the difference between boys and girls brains.
When a baby is developing in their mummy’s tummy hormones begin to influence the unborn baby, these differences can be seen at 26 weeks of pregnancy. Although everyone is different, a boy may be more like a girl and a girl maybe more like a boy, but this is the scientific differences.
- The nerves that connect the left and right sides of the brain is thicker in females than in males.
- Males and female process language differently- when listening men listen with the left side of their brains, women listen using both sides of the brain
- Boys fall to learning difficulties more than girls
- certain parts of the brain mature faster in one gender than the other
- males brain on average are 10% bigger than female (this does not mean necessarily smarter)
- males have 6.5 times the amount of gray matter than girls
- females have 9.5 times the amount of white matter than boys
- Woman are faster and more accurate at determining emotion
- woman are better at controlling their emotions (in theory)
- Females have a bigger hippo campus (the part of the brain we use to remember)
- Males brains get less natural blood flow
- woman are more empathisers
- Men are more systemisers
- One medication/drug will work differently on men and woman because of how their brain
“Beauty is nothing without brains”- Anonymous